[project1dev] Check-in

  • From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:01:56 -0800 (PST)

Hey Guys,

So I didn't have as much time as anticipated for working on the biobeastie. I
am sorry. =(
Had some family/friend things going on that took more time than I thought it
would. I will crank out the last little bit that is necessary for the model
asap.

If you guys want to let me know what your thoughts on the textures are that
would be great.

Mostly what I am thinking is that from the concept it looks as though the brain
might need some detail in the texture. I was thinking it could be fairly
straight forward for color etc. But I wasn't sure if there were intentions of
having a bump map/displacement for it to look noodley and brain-like. Also on
the fluid reserviors on the back, what it the intent on that?
Is that going to be fluid that is animated/mobile? Or was the idea just to
texture it flat so it looked to resemble biological fluid of some sort? Are you
guys wanting the biobeastie to look metallic/robotic? Or more rabid/organic? If
we went that route it would be doubtful that it would look convincing without
hair...Hair is a whole nother ball of wax that is probably beyond the scope of
the game threshold. Let me know your thoughts on this. I am open to input. Just
not sure what direction to go.

Thanks guys, any input you have is welcome.

katie