[project1dev] Re: Character creation

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 20:32:14 -0700

the player will be able to customize their character, but it will just be
using the underlying generic system of being able to make people.

like everything you can do to your character (and probably a little more)
will be available in the editor and in the scripts to customize any NPC (or
randomly / partially randomly generate NPCs)

That way we could say "generate 50 thieves" from script and kinda specify
what's random and what isn't so they look like thieves but they all look
different.

Or, in the editor, someone could design an NPC who has an important role in
the game and save it, so whenever the game wants to show that person it
brings up their appearance from a file.

And, lastly, the same system would be in charge of storing and generating
the characters appearance, but we'd give the player an interface in game to
set up their appearance in the intro.