[project1dev] Re: Character creation

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 12:52:09 -0700

yeah definitely...

but anyhow... we'll have to decide the details of how we want it to work.

We'll need to decide how we want to go about it before we actually do the
character customization stuff probably but i say we do that last.

That'll give me some time to code up the other stuff that's needed while we
think about this issue and keep it cookin in the back of our heads.

my POV anyhow (:

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM, <figarus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yep
>
> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
>
> ------------------------------
> *From*: Kent Petersen
> *Date*: Sat, 30 May 2009 12:45:29 -0700
>
> *To*: <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> *Subject*: [project1dev] Re: Character creation
> Couldn't we do a combination of 1 and 2. 1 for setting the type and size of
> the npcs and 2 have the colorization for making more armor appearances. We
> could even take advantage of alpha coloring to change the appearance of the
> armors
>
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> i'm actually thinkin we'd be able to cook up some NPC's in script, but we
>> could also have a "character editor" in the editor that would let you tweak
>> the values of character creation and save the settings which could then be
>> called up in script.
>>
>> like you build the wizard in the editor by selecting gender, setting body
>> type stuff, hair color and style, eye color, face, the clothing he's
>> wearing, items he's hold etc...
>>
>> then you'd save it as "Merlin" or whatever.
>>
>> In script, it would always call it up by name "Merlin" so that if you
>> wanted to, you could open it up in the editor, change the values (like "hey
>> this face looks better on him") and then the whole game would be updated
>> with the new art.
>>
>> The character would just be a special case of this where we provide an
>> interface to the player during the intro to set up the values that are
>> stored for the character's appearance.
>>

>> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>
>>> ok so i have an alterior motive for bringing this up haha
>>>
>>> Basically what i'd like to do is make a system where we can have
>>> different looking people wearing different (or random) peices of clothing
>>> and we can populate the world with them.
>>>
>>> So like... if you have a specific wizard guy you want in the game, you
>>> would (via script or NPC settings for this NPC)
>>> 1) start with the male model
>>> 2) say it's extra tall and kind of skinny
>>> 3) choose a specific face from a collection of faces we have
>>> 4) pick the clothing you want him to wear (ie wizards_robe_purple and
>>> wizards_hat_purple)