[project1dev] Re: COMBAT - rough outline idea

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:29:22 -0700

ok, that makes sense enough for me to start working on the basics for the
cave.

hows this for the cave combat (for monsters and the boss)

1) You touch a monster, it goes to combat arena screen
2) Players and monsters have some stats.  Player stats are set in config.lua
for now, monster stats are set in the monster lua scripts.
3) Speed stat (temporary til stuff is more fleshed out) controls how long RT
is.  Both player and the monster(s) start their RT when battle starts.
4) When your RT is up, time pauses, a menu comes up, you choose from a
couple hard coded attacks for now (probly just attack or defend)
5) when you select one, it happens immediately then your RT starts counting
down again.
6) When a monster's RT is up, they do an immediate action (probly just
attack or defend)

Think that would work enough for now?  If so, combat will continue to get
more fleshed out in the next milestone.