[project1dev] Re: COMBAT - rough outline idea

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:36:45 -0400

special abilities would work the same way, you select them and then choose
when to execute the attack.  (maybe there would be a "back" button also so
you could change)... like for instance we will have a hide/ambush mechanic
like "jump" in ff2 where a character would hide and then you would choose
when he ambushed from the shadows.  does that make sense or do i need to
elaborate?

i also like the opening for combinations too, like if you time the first
attack right, maybe you'd get additional strikes.

if you standby, you dont lose your turn, you just sort of go in limbo where
you can take your turn at will and block/dodge.  this would come in handy if
you were timing your attack to coincide with an enemies RT.

special abilities will be either ACTIVE ATTACKS you would choose in the
menu, passive things like maybe an auto-counter attack when you successfully
dodge or something like "CHARGE" where you would bull rush the opponent and
it would ignore their blocking ability... really i want to have a ton of
attacks and special abilities that would open up a ton of strategic options
during combat.  i haven't compiled a list yet but definitely it is an open
forum for ideas and would love to hear if you have any! :)