[project1dev] Re: BookModels

  • From: Matthew Morgan <MMorgan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:39:59 -0700

[cid:image001.png@01C9FA51.6EF4ED10]

From: project1dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:project1dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of eric drewes
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 1:39 PM
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [project1dev] Re: BookModels

ya cuz they are cowards, no guts no glory man
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Alan Wolfe
<alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
well check it out

in computer science they teach this method as the quick way to search for
something in a sorted list (it's called a binary search).

They don't teach or even mention trying the first third to "get lucky" or
anything.

I'm pretty sure it's just the best way period
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:34 PM, eric drewes
<figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
im thinking about it like w/ bayem's theorem

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Alan Wolfe
<alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
The bigger the sample group, the less luck matters so i think itd be in the
smaller sample groups that it had a chance of doing worse
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM, eric drewes
<figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
it is mathematically the most efficient but i bet if you counted on a little
luck in combination w/ a system like that you could get it quicker and have a
quicker average if you ran a series of tests enough to get a big sample group

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Alan Wolfe
<alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I'm pretty sure it is

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:09 PM, eric drewes
<figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
hey alan... i think we should make you have to get it in a couple places less
than optimal.

wait, hey alan, are you SURE that is the most efficient way?

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM, eric drewes
<figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
it could be like for a password for a backalley secret club

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Alan Wolfe
<alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hey you know what would be a cool puzzle to put somewhere too would be the
number guessing game

IE someone is thinking of a number between X and Y and you have to guess it
within so many guesses.

Whenever you guess, they tell you higher or lower.

The most efficient way to solve it is by starting in the middle and seeing if
higher or lower and chopping the resulting numbers down the middle etc.

We could make it so you have enough guesses that usign the "optimal solution"
could get you there for sure, and so that way you could either guess at it til
you got it right, or if you knew the "trick" you could get through it first time
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 12:00 PM, eric drewes
<figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
i think this will be really good too because it gives people an option other
than trial and error when building hteir character.  a really neat trick to
find right off the bat!

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Alan Wolfe
<alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Sounds rad, let me sponge some knowledge from josh and see if i can come up w/
some basics for you to refine etc
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:50 AM, eric drewes
<figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
hey alan i think thats a great idea and i think it'd be a funny little minigame
puzzle.  because its steam powered we could make it be about connecting the
right hoses and pipes together, etc.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Alan Wolfe
<alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Cool that would be fun (:

We could make it where you actually are confronted with a simplified sort of
circuit board and have to literally hack it like you chip devices, or how you
do hardware hacking (bridging connections and things).

If you like that idea, we could base it on the real thing.  I know you've done
chipping.  I know a little about how logic circuits work, Josh knows a lot more
about the details of hardware circuit design though.

We could probably design somethin kinda neat.

And, we already have the ability to make a 2d user interface come up for such
things.  We'd just have to set it up in such a way where it would be controller
friendly as well
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM, eric drewes
<figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
laying on the bookshelf... hey i have a pretty sweet idea in regards to this...

one of the books could be accessible and by picking it up (using it) you would
learn how to sabotage the automaton and maybe by doing that instead of the
questions defining your character you'd be able to manually do it (for those
people that would prefer that) and it'd be neat cuz youd do it by hacking an
analog device

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Alan Wolfe
<alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hey Eric are these books gonna be in the book case or lyin around on the ground?
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:34 AM, katie cook
<ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Sounds good. I will put something together. =)

--- On Wed, 7/1/09, eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>>

From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx>>
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 5:56 AM

books look great katie, i like them.  How about if we put titles on the cover?
we could have fortune telling with some kinda mysterious logo, tarot card
books, along with maybe a maintance manual for the Fortune Teller 2000 -
complete automated predictor of the future :)

you dont have to but it might be nice for a little "flavor"

what do you think?
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:55 AM, katie cook
<ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx<http://us.mc361.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>>
 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Here is a snapshot of the book models I have done. I am going to work on making
that folder that Alan/Chris mentioned and helped with. I didn't have a chance
to tinker with it tonight, but should be able to work in out in the next couple
of days. I will upload the stuff into there when I get it worked out.

Have a good night guys. =)

Katie

This e-mail is the property of Oakley Inc. It is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.

PNG image