[project1dev] Re: BookModels

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:41:06 -0700

Hey you know what would be a cool puzzle to put somewhere too would be the
number guessing game

IE someone is thinking of a number between X and Y and you have to guess it
within so many guesses.

Whenever you guess, they tell you higher or lower.

The most efficient way to solve it is by starting in the middle and seeing
if higher or lower and chopping the resulting numbers down the middle etc.

We could make it so you have enough guesses that usign the "optimal
solution" could get you there for sure, and so that way you could either
guess at it til you got it right, or if you knew the "trick" you could get
through it first time