[project1dev] Art Concepts and Story

  • From: Hanaan <hanaan.fu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:52:00 -0600

Hey everyone!

I wanted to get more info on the current story and art of the game. So far I do not see a place to download art that has been created for new people like myself to the project. These kinds of things help me understand where we are, the style of the game (since i am here as an artist), and the feel of the world.

I mentioned to Eric (I think it was Eric) that I do draw as well. Since I last asked, no art has been forthcoming. I never did ask directly about the story writing. Do we have any pieces of story to share? I have gone through the wiki but forgive me if I missed any links to the game story (i have read the overview but it does not give me any story of the game to know where it is going).

These things are very crucial for me as an artist. It makes it more difficult to create things for the game if I cant visual the styles and themes we are going for. If we are lacking concept art, then Id like to help with it. If we are lacking story, I can help with that as well. But if we have some of these things already, can anyone forward this information to me?

Right now I am trying to really get a grasp on where exactly the team is in the development process. The emails arent very informative since I usually dont know what you all are talking about and much of the times its just funny messages (which I enjoy reading, lol. They are just low on actual useful information for someone new to the team like me).

Thanks for all the info and help you guys have given so far. But I am having a hard time understanding exactly what this game is about and in need of whatever bits of story have been written so far and any concept art so I can better understand. Might be worth constructing some sort of "newbie" guide or perhaps a cohesive design document for new folks to get acquainted with the game and to follow where we are in development. Forgive me if i am slow and this info is somewhere I should have looked, but I did not find it.

Thanks in advance!