[project1dev] Re: Area 1 theme

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 15:23:01 -0400

i love the glowing door situation, i know they have it in a lot of games
(like fable has the guardian doors, chrono trigger has them too) but they
are neat and fun and give the player somethuing to wonnder about and also a
reason to revisit levels later...  we should incorporate wwhy they exist
into the story or whatnot but i like the idea :)

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh and one more thing... :P
>
> we could also have kobold miners of course down inside the side tunnels you
> have set up as well as some miners which walked from location to location.
>
> That way, you could go through and beat up all the monsters if you wanted
> to for the loot and exp or whatever, or you could time the patrols (go WOW)
> so that you had just a minimal number of fights.
>
> shrug (:
>

> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> oh and i really don't know how zelda like this game will be (i guess we'll
>> have to wait to see what eric says about this) but something else that might
>> be neat would be down one of your side tunnels that you made, there could be
>> some kind of glowing blue door and when you walk up to it, it zaps you and
>> you get pushed back or something.
>>
>> What that would do, is later on in the game you could find something that
>> can open doors that look like that so that if you remembered that you saw
>> one at the beginning of the game, you can come back to the mine, and either
>> find another way in, or maybe use some TNT or a shovel to clear the debris,
>> but then you can get back inside and open the door and go somewhere
>> interesting.
>>
>> Hopefully that isn't too far off of the spirit of the game, but it could
>> be kinda neat if it fits.
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Kent,
>>>
>>> Here's what I was thinking for prettying it up, what do you think, does
>>> this jive with what you were picturing?
>>>
>>> I figured the cave would be a mining tunnel, so like the walls and floors
>>> would be mostly geometric but would have some variation so it wasnt just
>>> straight lines and stuff obviously hehe
>>>
>>> There'd be tracks from the entry way leading down to the square area
>>> (that's where the boss will be right?) and maybe some mining machinery in
>>> there. (oh and the tracks would branch to go down some of those blind
>>> tunnels and there'd be like, minecarts chilling down some of those tunnels,
>>> and rubble from a cave in inside of some of the tunnels too).
>>>
>>> I figure the enemies could be basically like the kobold miners from WOW
>>> haha.  I'm not sure if they fight you if you bump into them, or if it's that
>>> if you get close to them (or they see you) that they charge at you to