[project1dev] Re: Added Ken to the mailing list

  • From: Steven <supremeshadowkai@xxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:18:08 -0700

Alan's dad in jest or 4reals? ehehe

Yeah if you (or anybody) wants to talk personally about music tech or whatnot, you can contact me via messenger...

aim = supremeshadowkai
msn = supremeshadowkai@xxxxxxxxx
skype = kahnthedj

I'd be happy to share any audio engineering knowledge that I can.

ANOTHER NOTE... I told Alan about this last night, and it's really just talk at this point...

If you don't already know here I am a psytrance dj/producer. Through this I have worked on networking with a lot of international producers in various countries. One of them who I talk to often, Leonardo (Cosmonet his trance project - http://www.myspace.com/cosmonet, and K-Pax his experimental project - http://www.myspace.com/kpaxmusic) was mentioning to me how one day he hoped to work on sound tracks. So I had the thought, and told him about the game... It's of course not up to me (this is more of an eric thing), but he said that he would love to contribute a song or two, and possibly some sound effects to our game. I thought that this would be a unique opportunity for everybody involved. This is a guy who gets booked around the globe on a weekly basis. However, he is little known in the US. Because of this it would be great exposure for him, while it would also lend our game more credibility with people in South America, Asia, and elsewhere where this music is really big.

Anyway, curious to hear everybody's thoughts (especially those on the music/creative side of things) on this one. :)

Steven

Ken and Karen McByrd-Bell wrote:
thanks for the friendly welcome everyone. i look forward to collaborating with all of you- i enjoy working with other creative and intelligent people. personally i like the idea of crowdsourcing since everybody benefits as more people contribute. to quote eric we can have a tonnn of music lol. just think of me as a fellow contributor in the hive mind(?). feel free to use anything i submit however you want- copy, remix, slice and dice, delete part or all- its totally cool. im using fl studio 8 with various vst plugins and i can provide the original project files if anyone would like them.

interesting idea from mother 3 nick. id be curious to hear the different ways everything is remixed. im imagining an arrangement with oh maybe 128 tracks or more he he. would that be possible i wonder? maybe several people contributing a few tracks. and oh wait here's an idea- each person is only given a few of the other tracks to build on- not all of them. hmmm.

steven i could probably learn a considerable amount from you about technology and who knows what else he he. please dont feel outclassed for i am a student myself. its true i received the nickname "the ear" but my son's claims may be unintentionally exaggerated. you see we were sitting around drinking absinthe and champagn and i started spinning tales about the good old days...

just kidding. but i need to say rumors that i transcribed the minute waltz in 59 seconds are completely false!

frankly although its obvious alan got his good looks from me, he *must* have got his intelligence from his mom d:

enough levity- i have an appointment on chiron beta prime with a man named mycroft. happy birthday mr wells.