[project1dev] Re: Action Camera!

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 03:34:32 -0700

This cave in is really awesome looking Kent, you really stepped up for
this.  I reloaded a few times to watch it again, and the way the boss
runs straight at you is freaking cool :)

As for the camera thing, what if we made it possible to script player
input for cut scenes, so we could drag the player in first person
flying mode in a path that specifically shows the cave in and bridge
break, and then returns the player to their view?

So the boss death function would call a mini player input "movie" that
took the character to zoom up above the bridge at a dramatic angle,
then the cave in would happen, and then it would either reset to the
original player view, or do another player input to track back to
where they were with the camera

To do that I think we'd need to be able to script player input from a
point in space to another point, and the speed at which it happens..
other than that I don't know how tough it would be to code, but I
tried to think simple.