[project1dev] Action Camera!

  • From: Matthew Freeland <mattthefiend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 18:19:34 -0700

Ahoy folks, got a mini technical question as to how we plan on directing
peoples attention to particular details in their surroundings...

I bring this up because in light of the awesome script which Kent has been
so wonderful to write... No one will really look up to see the platforms
going squish. So how do we want to present it? Would it possible to make
mini cutscenes where the engine takes over to force the camera where we want
it to be? There are a few other alternatives I can think of as well, but in
terms of the boss dying and then the little micro-quake occurring
immediately after. Even if there is a small pause after combat ends before
the earthquake appears there is still the ultimate problem that all 3d game
development companies have had: making the player look UP. There are
multitudinous other ways to doing so that don't involve taking over the
players control of the camera which should also be addressed. If you've got
an idea I recommend you make it as difficult as possible just to make those
silly code monkeys work. :P

For consistant presentation of the game I think we should probably hash this
out with some immediacy and might even be worthy of a milestone entry. Those
are my thoughts. Feel free to leave some input!

-Wurmz