xcode programming

  • From: Dinesh Kaushal <dineshkaushal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:08:07 +0530

Hi All,

I had tried xCode around a year back, and I had faced a few issues with it.

I am contemplating iPhone programming, but not sure if the following things
can be done:

In Visual studio, I often use  f12 to go to the definition / declaration to
understand the interface of functions or to learn about types of variables.

I think something similar is there in navigation bar, but I could not find a
way to access navigation bar for the code editor.

Is there a way to add controls without interface builder? In windows I add
the controls by editing .rc files, but couldn't find anything similar in
xCode

Since XIB is a binary format, how can we add controls at all? I am not
concerned about placing the controls correctly, I just need a way to put
them in the UI.

and, is there any other IDE for mac / iPhone that is more accessible?

 Regards
Dinesh Kaushal

"An absence of overriding personal ambition together with shrewd common
sense are among the essential components of wisdom"

blog at
dineshkaushal.blogspot.com

Moderator VILAM (Visually Impaired Leaders and Managers) group

To subscribe, you may send message to:

vilam-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx