Re: writing code in emacspeak

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:20:18 -0500

Yep.  I thought so.  The more of the manual I read, the more excited I
got.  The learning curve does indeed seem a bit steep but, I think
steps can be taken to minimize it.  Some braille cards with hotkey
lists or a little braille booklet with them would go a long way
towards this.  From there, it's just systematic memorization.  I think
I'll make a brf file and sweet talk someone I know with a working
braille printer to print me up some of them.  That, or I can at last
pin down the drivers I need for mine to work with xp.  got an old,
very very old index braille printer.

That, or just using an excel spreadsheet with my braille display set
to read entire row ought to do the trick.

Thanks for responding.  MindBlowing is an apt description of how I
regard such a thing.

Alex M