RE: writing a jaws script to read bottom line, when there is a lot of blank space at the bottom.

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 06:53:15 -0400

Hi Ty,
I think the best thing to do is to turn on the invisible cursor and determine
which line is actually the bottom line. If you can consistently determine that
it is a certain line, you can easily modify the SayBottomLineOf Window script
to find that line and read it. I just thought of something, and miracle of
miracles, it's before I've had my coffee. If the invisible cursor is on that
scroll down symbol, if you do a priorWord call, no matter where the bottom line
is, JAWS would land on the last word.

Jim