RE: windows power shell

  • From: Johannes Grib <johannesg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:07:34 +0200

Hi,
All environment vars is under env:
sl env:
gci wil give you the list,
sc and gc to set and get content.
HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of qubit
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 4:36
To: bprogramming
Subject: windows power shell

Greetings.
I am on windows 7 and am trying to run some batch commands, for which I need
to know what is the syntax to get at the value of an environment variable?
I try %PATH%, %PATH, and even $PATH like in unix, but it all fails to expand
the value of the variable.
Since power shell apparently supports such unix-esque names as ls and pwd, I
am perplexed how to get it to pick up arguments.

BTW:
echo $PATH
prints nothing, whereas the % signs just get passed through as if it is not
a special syntax, as in a dos window.

So I suppose I'll get rid of power shell and use the dos window where the
args are predictable.

Now in the time it took to type this I could have done that.  Comments
welcome.
Thx.
--le