Re: winDig

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:50:43 -0700

Ok, Jamal, I'm embarrassed now.  I've just been invoking WinDig from
the desktop & didn't even pay attention to the start menu icons cuz
usually the program contains a help menu item from which the docs can
be read.  So I kind of assumed there weren't any.  Sorry.  Duh!  I
feel really stupid now.  I don't know if it's age or grief or what.

On 10/30/07, Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback and encouragement, Jackie.
>
> Let me make sure you have a full WinDig installation, since the
> documentation tries to answer some of your questions.  The installer is
> available at
> http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/wdsetup.exe
> The documentation is displayed at the end of installation, and is also
> available from a shortcut in the WinDig program group of the Windows
> Start Menu.  By default, the full path of this file is
> C:\Program Files\WinDig\WinDig.txt
>
> A couple of paragraphs are quoted below.  Let me know if you have
> further questions.
>
> Cheers,
> Jamal
>
> For the technically curious, WinDig is developed with the WinBatch
> compiler (from WinBatch.com) and the AutoIT library (from
> autoITScript.com).  For the MSAA analysis, the main program invokes
> another program written in the PowerBasic language (from
> PowerBasic.com).  Located in the WinDig program folder, the complete
> source code is in the files WinDig.wbt and msaa.bas.

> The third category is "Menus."  It is a list of all items available from
> the menu bar and subsequent menus.  The list uses an outline numbering
> system so you can understand the hierarchy of the menus.  On the same
> line after the outline number are other pieces of information about the
> menu item separated by tabs:  the name, access letter, hot key, state,
> and ID.  Each menu item has a name, but the other pieces of data ar not
> necessarily present.  The ID is a number that may be useful in
> automating an application with scripts, since a menu item can be invoked
> by its ID using the SendMessage function of the Windows API.
>

> On Tue, 30
> Oct 2007, Jackie McBride wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:58:59 -0700
> > From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
> > To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: winDig
> >
> > I'm guessing Jamal wrote this so:
> > 1)  What language was it written in? &
> > 2)  What do the numbers mean, per the following as an example:
> > 1.1 New...  N       Ctrl+N  2
> > What does the 2 mean?
> >
> > Great little program, btw--thanks for it & for your contributions to
> > the blind programming community as a whole.  If u think a reply would
> > be better offlist, that's fine--I just thought others may share the
> > same questions.
> >
> > Blessings to all.
> > --
> > Jackie McBride
> > Please join my fight against breast cancer
> > <http://teamacs.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=1790196&pg=personal&fr_id=3489>
> > & Check out my homepage at:
> > www.abletec.serverheaven.net

Jackie McBride