Re: website and programming tools and acessibility with jaws

  • From: Christopher Coale <ccoale427@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:23:29 -0700

Really. You didn't? Did you look? Probably not. Let me help you: <http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Visual+Studio+PHP+extension#pq=visual%20studio%20php%20extension&hl=en&cp=8&gs_id=w&xhr=t&q=PHP%20visual%20studio&qe=UEhQIHZpc3U&qesig=0zFEfaFq7J2fGcN-bjQtSQ&pkc=AFgZ2tlvqZFhnwSSd4_gIc9pQBQwLkZeVp5npeSeyvz3NfFejohZRyg84swXYPykoXfNav-b-YVxSRd8G8eSj6BVXyMfEzriaA&pf=p&sclient=psy&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=PHP+visu&aq=0&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=996a5a2e91f3c54d&biw=1440&bih=799>http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=visual%2Bstudio%2Bphp <http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=visual%2Bstudio%2Bphp>

It seems like there is quite a bit of buzz about it. Now you are claiming that the only reason someone would choose to use PHP is because they are poor? That's certainly a new one and totally off-topic, but whatever. Someone would choose to use a $1k tool because it contains the set of features that meet their development needs. Simple as that.

On 8/18/2011 11:10 PM, black ares wrote:
Really?
I didn't see some one using visual studio for php development.
And what you are saying is your point of view, not a professional point of view. Technically speaking, on the extreme side, you are right, you can use what ever ide you want for doing development in what language you want. But explain me why some one will choose to use a 1000 $ tool (like visual studio is) to do php development which is a free language. If you choose to do php development it means that your customer has not enough money to afford a payed technology, so for sure he/she will not pay you higher price you have because of the visual studio you use.

How ever, keeping the discussion in the technical view, I reiterate the fact that I didn't see any one doing php development on visual studio.
Can you show an example please?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Coale" <ccoale427@xxxxxxxxx>