RE: vmware images with soundcard support

  • From: <Nick.Adamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:40:08 +0100

Hi Ty.

I'm not sure about your set up.
I use VmPlayer a lot and that supports sound with out any problems.

If you open up your vmx file in notepad you can have a look and modify
the settings.
On MY VM's here the couple of lines to do with sound are:

sound.present = "TRUE"
sound.fileName = "-1"
sound.autodetect = "TRUE"
sound.virtualDev = "es1371"

This was taken from a Ubuntu hardy VM.

Editing the VMX file can be quite useful.

Thanks.
Nick.

Nick Adamson
Software Engineer
 General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited
Bryn Brithdir, Oakdale Business Park, Blackwood, South Wales, NP12 4AA
Telephone: +44 (0)1495 23 6467
Email: Nick.Adamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website: www.generaldynamics.uk.com
To help reduce waste paper, please only print this email if you really
need to.