vmware and jaws

  • From: "rick watson" <rwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:35:37 -0500

Good morning listers,

Here is the situation.

I currently have a laptop configured with jaws and windows xp pro. This is
my development system.

I've got an application (checked into source control) which has both a web
component, and a winforms app.

I need to document all necessary steps for other developers who do not
currently have this app loaded (from a source code perspective) so that they
can have it work on their machines.

One suggestion was to find another system to do the installs on. This will
most likely not be an option. Thus my question.

Does anyone have any experience using virtual machines and if so is this the
appropriate approach for testing this situation.

Thanks for any pointers.

Rick