RE: vb code?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:17:56 -0400

C and c++ has a lot of relevance if you're dealing with operating systems.
In my case I have been coding on an embedded device you all know I am sure
the Braille plus and the Icon that one is a must know c, c++ and python.  I
have mostly been working in python the last few months but the last few days
I have been converting a project from regular linux to OE and that takes
quite a bit of knowledge in the lower levels.

As for windows coding if you're starting projects from scrap I see no reason
why you wouldn't go with something like c# or vb because if you really need
a library that is written in c++ or c you can use them in either.  If you
start getting lower level you will have to leave the higher level languages
behind though.

Ken