RE: vb code?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:20:55 -0400

Actually one thing about the IDE that if you're going to work in multiple
languages just cannot be done in anything else is the intelesense.  Once you
get used to it there is no going back.  It gives you a leg up on speed when
I first learned c and c++ I had to memorize every little method in every
class and every function in every library.  That or have files and files of
reference texts that I could search through using grep.  When I took up VB
and C# in Visual Studio I didn't have to know anything about the language
and I very quickly could write software because the intelesence pretty much
popped up everything I needed as long as I knew something about programming
and could type my variable name and put a dot after it.  Not to mention the
fact that if your coding in an interface it creates all the method stubs for
you which really goes a long way in not letting you make a lot of beginner
typeos.

So while I started out and still do code with out the IDE it sure is nice to
relax and let the IDE do a lot of the work when I can.

Ken