Re: unbuntu download

  • From: BlueScale <bluescale1976@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:44:07 -0400

The desktop and server editions are quite a bit different.  For one
thing, the server edition, as far as I know, doesn't come with a GUI.
Most people, I think, control their server installation of Ubuntu with
an SSH client after getting it installed.  The desktop edition is what
you want if you want to do everyday computer tasks like browsing the
web, reading email, multimedia, or development.  You can install xampp
on your Ubuntu installation if you want to do web development.  I have
been using Ubuntu exclusively for the past 6 months and absolutely love
it.
BlueScale