trigger question

  • From: "Kellerer, Georg (LfU)" <Georg.Kellerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:13:59 +0100

Hi all,

we are on to decide if we should use Triggers or stored procedures in
our oracle database for data duplication. our problem now is that we
don't know if it is possible to detect a disabled trigger at runtime. we
are using an oracle 9i databse system and want to know when a trigger
has not been fired and the copieng of the record was not successful. I
know the all_triggers-Table where i can see the state of a trigger but
isn't there a posibility to get an error-message when a speciffic
trigger is disabled?

thanks a lot for your help.
greetings,
Georg