RE: trees?

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:31:35 -0400

Trees generally have a trunk; branches off that trunk, and leaves or
nodes along those branches that may turn into other branches.  Let's say
a tree exists it could have several main branches which could be further
described by which direction they emanate from the trunk.  So you have a
north main branch pointing north, with a second north branch that also
connects to the trunk directly, you have a secondary north branch.
After that, number the nodes going down each of those branches and then
put descriptive text as to what's at that location.  Without a whole lot
of main branches compass directions may not be needed and each main
branch could be described in terms of information it is to hold.  There
might be a columns branch; a rows branch, and a diagonals branch in this
particular case.  So, trunk; mnb1 main north branch 1 might be useful
with mnb1l2 pointing at main north branch left node 2 could be a way to
document this for yourself and keep it straight in your head.  Hth.