Re: thread.sleep() for c++?

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:51:35 -0300

Sorry Ken,
I do know the boosts library do exist, but accordingly with what I
know boosts still isn't concidered part of the c++ library, so the
fact that there're no native c++ thread support is still true.
Boosts manage threads but a bunch of other libraries also do it. This
isn't to say you're wrong, boosts really would be a great suggestion,
but I also sent a true message.
Marlon

2008/2/16, Ken Perry <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> This used to be true before the boost library.  If you use the boost threads
> they use the native operating system threads and thus make it easy to port.
> so grab the www.boost.org library for threads and that will work no matter
> which OS you use.
>
> Ken

free."