Re: table column reading code needed

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:46:53 +0300

Hi,

You just need to create a simple table, with or without <th> header elements, and Jaws will read the column names or row names as needed if you use control+alt+arrow keys to move in the table.

If you will move from left to right or right to left, Jaws will announce the column names, and if you move from top to bottom or bottom to top, Jaws will read the rows names. This is very normal, because for example once that you reached on the row with a certain title then move from left to right using control+alt+right arrow, you already know on what row you are in, so Jaws needs to read just the columns names.

Doesn't happen that way in your case?

For example, here is a table example:

<th>column1</th>
<th>column2</th>