Re: system backup problems

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:35:45 -0700

have you tried shutting down Norton from the sys tray?

elf
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx> To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <blind-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:52 AM
Subject: system backup problems

Hi all --
For some time now, every so often, I have been getting the following error screen when the system tries to run a backup. Obviously the clash is due to a norton utility running, but I don't know what app is using the file and so
can't shut it down to proceed with the backup.
If I shut down everything but jaws it still stops in the same place.  If I
choose to skip that file and continue, it happens again for another 8 or so
files before the backup runs to completion.
I usually just abort the backup altogether rather than waiting to skip all
the stopping points.Does anyone have any idea what norton utility this is
that I could close to get rid of these errors?
Thanks.

Rescue and Recovery
Rescue and Recovery is unable to back up the file 'C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Norton\00000082\000000fb\000002bf\cltLMS1.dat' because the file is
either corrupted or being used by another application.
Please close any application that could be using the file.
To try backing up the file again, click Retry.
To bypass this file and continue the backup operation, click Skip.
To abort the backup, click Cancel.
Retry Skip Cancel