Re: stuck on minor php problem

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 06:16:00 -0400

Hi Laura,
Wish I could help, but I have little experience with web application development as yet. Please do not hold up the project, however, because of an auto email feature for me. If you can manually update me periodically, I think that would work.

Jamal

On 6/3/2010 12:02 AM, qubit wrote:
Hi Jim -- I know about $POST and passing info. I already used that info to
populate the new form.
There is an exchange on blindwebbers on this thread that seems to say the
only clean way to do what I want is to set up an IPN with paypal where they
send me the results of a successful transaction that I can use on a thank
you page.  I don't want to go into the whole thread on blindwebbers.
The problem is that I want to send jamal his email notifications on
successful transactions, but the only way I can set it up now is for the
verification page to send the mail saying the person is about to hit the
donate button, but of course the person could back out, and go back and
change the amount, etc.
So jamal will get some mail that is inaccurate. This also impacts the
running sum of donations, so it may not be accurate.

Hey there jamal, perhaps you might have an idea on how to do this...

The IPN is the only sure way to go but I don't want to spend more time on
this page.
I'll put it up and let jamal look at it and then see if he thinks he can
either wait or us it just the way it is.
*sigh*
This has really been messy.
Not all of it is Jamal's stuff -- I was just doing my personal site and
wanted to get a good framework and a little content and then add Jamal's
fund raiser at the end.
So I've been hacking practically around the clock on ridiculous stuff... but
the paypal transactions are a bit more important to get right.
--le