stuck on minor php problem

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bwebbers" <blindwebbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:26:19 -0500

Hi all -- I know someone must have done this, but I have searched the php
docs and can't find a way to submit a form from within an intermediate page.

Someone please tell me this is easy...*smile*

I have a simple form with a submit button that I need to process in an
intermediate CGI file written in php.  For reference, the intermediate file
is called nittygritty.php.
It is quite simple -- all I want is to be able to print and email some
things and then automatically submit the requisit form to paypal.
I don't want to present the form to the user as he/she has already entered
the data on a previous page. It is going to be invisible to the user.

The form in nittygritty.php has a form action equal to the paypal page --
that's fine. I also have a bunch of hidden form fields giving relevant
parameters to paypal.  I also have the results of the previous page that I
put into the form. Then I have a submit button.

Now I want that form to be submitted to paypal.  I can't seem to do it -- do
I have to present the page to the user to press the button again? or is
there a way to send the http header and the parameters to paypal?

I've been hacking this site -- not this particular problem, but the site as
a whole -- since Sunday and I want it to be done tonight. Could someone
knowledgeable of php please enlighten me on form submission.
I did a search on php.net for submit, send, action and a bunch of other
strings. I found some interesting functions, but none what I wanted.

Thanks in advance for any info!
--le