RE: state of the list as I know it at this time ...

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:17:22 -0700

Hi Jeff,

Personally, due to ease of signing up and configurable list formats, I
support moving this list to Googlegroups. Some people, especially using
products such as BrailleNote and PAC Mate (including myself) have
experienced some difficulty signing up to this list using our email client,
which sometimes breaks Freelists commands by inserting unwanted return
characters at wrong time. Also, I feel that a provider that provides a way
of displaying the name of the list at the beginning of each post would allow
newcomers to quickly grasp what the list is for.

Besides Google, have you considered Mailman software, which are used by some
lists out there?

Cheers,

Joseph