RE: ssh client

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:58:06 +0200

hehe <smile>
I totally agree with Ken here!
Cygwin rules!

-----Original Message-----
From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Perry
Sent: 20. juli 2010 13:28
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ssh client

I don?t know how you folks use putty I think it sucks.  Of course that?s
just my opinion.  I use ssh in cygwin if you install all packages it comes
with it. Then if I want to use ssh in windows I just make a path to the
cygwin/bin and I am all set.  This also give s you full access to the Linux
tools from command line.  Of course now with Vinux out I am using vm player
and Vinux and speakup so that I can even block and copy in the shell much
easier than using screen.  Of course I am a real command line nerd I am as
comfortable in linux command line as I was with MsDos in the mid 90?s I
skipped over win 3.1, all the way to 98 which was my first windows
environment.

Again ssh cygwin is much better than putty.

Ken

                On 2010-07-19, at 2:39 PM, qubit wrote:

                Thanks, I just tried executing openssh and it wasn't found.
But I'll see if
                I can download it somewhere.
                Little nits can take so much time. I appreciate the info!
                Thanx.
                --le