RE: sql question:

  • From: "Rodney Haynie" <RHaynie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:10:49 -0400

Sure there is.  In your create table statement, you would define your table
with an auto increment field.  Some programs call it identity.

An example MySQL syntax is:
CREATE TABLE Client (
ClientID INTEGER(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

What are you using?  SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, ...?

Good luck.
Rodney

  _____