sing js vars in html

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 16:33:01 -0400

I have a js variable that is the user's name (from a cookie). I would like to refer to the user by name in some cases. Do I have to always type out the entire script tag just to use that variable, or is there an easier way? I ask because I once saw php variable names enclosed in braces, but inside normal html (not php tags) and they worked; the html knew what to put for the variable value even though it was html. Failing a way to do this in js, is such a brace-enclosed variable reference hard to set up for a given page? Thanks!

Have a great day,
Alex