Re: sectiob 508 question

  • From: "Arnold Bailey" <arnoldbail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:32:03 -0400

 get it through. It's work and a shame to have to go through the effort;
but, it's worth it. Once this is dHi Chris,

That was quite a good overview/background on 508. In my investigation, I
determined that each state is fighting the same battle independently and in
different ways. It's a shame because each state has different power
structures, state agencies and politicians to deal with. One webinar I
participated in was the Illinois experience. To make a long story short, it
took a local NFB chapter to get the support of their local legislator to
eventually effect the new" 508" law. That is the approach myself and our
local Florida chapter are taking. My opinion, I don't believe, in Florida,
that there will be any strong opposition. We just have to get  it into the
process with the support of a few legislators. Then push to get it passed.
Then we're going to the state department of education and recommend some
real changes in how information technology is taught to the disabled in K-12
schools. This is where the changes need to be made for the future.

Arnold