RE: questions was Re: Looking for a free or open source gaming engine

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:22:10 -0500

It's 99$ for a personal version which does not allow you to charge.  Now you
will probably laugh but I have been selling the business version for 899$
and yes I have sold them.  I am selling them that high for two reasons.  One
I am the lone coder so I don't want millions of people to buy it.  Two it's
a one of a kind thing.  Our rather crappy home page is www.valhalla.com and
yes I know its hard to use the order forms with Accessibility and I promises
as soon as I get the time it will be accessible.

Now another thing it only runs on Redhat 7 not fedora 7 but redhat 7 and yes
as soon as I get my Fedora box 9 up and running I will fix that problem but
shrug I am a one man band and currently my super block is missing on my dev
box.  I have a bunch of parts and no time.

Now with all that said you might want to look at some of the open source mud
engines out there before you roll your own.  Circle mud is the easiest but
it has the least in it as well.  That makes it easy to bend to your will
though.  Then there is rom which is the next step up but the most advanced
and configurable is the Dot muds.  Easy to set up and totally c++

None of them have the language like mine but if you have the source you
don't need it.

Ken