Re: question on use of ed sharp as python editor

  • From: "programming" <rproglock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:18:00 -0600

Jamal,
putting the full path in the
 Configuration Options dialog box, corrected the problem.

Thank you very much. I have been trying to work this problem out for some time. Now, I can get to the business of learning python.

Again, thank you.

Bob
 Alt+Shift+C
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:43:46 -0600
From: programming <rproglock@xxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: question on use of ed sharp as python editor

Hi List,

I am having trouble getting ed sharp configured to be the editor for python source code.
I am using windows xp home, edsharp 2.9 and JAWS 7.0.
Following is the procedure I did to set it up. I used the instructions below:

Assuming Python has been installed at the default location of

C:\python25

take the following steps:

 *  I created a file called test.pi with ed sharp as below:

Load EdSharp and create a file called test.py containing the following

line of code:

print("Hello world")

* When I went into browse, I highlighted c:\python25 and * selected python.exe.

*  Upon returning,I set the checkbox:

* checkbox to always use this program to open the file type, * and press OK.

  then pressed open.

Press Shift+F10 for the Context Menu and choose Open With.  Press the

Browse button, and in the open file dialog that activates, enter the path

to the Python folder

c:\python25

Upon returning to the Open With dialog, check the checkbox to always use

this program to open the file type, and press OK.

*  I then pressed cntrl+e and entered c:\python25; and

*  pressed enter key. I then rebooted the computer.

Now press Control+E for Environment Variables, press the User button,

and press Alt+P for the PATH edit box.  If you do not find the Python

folder in the list of folders, press Home to get to the start, input

c:\python25;

(notice the semicolon character between each folder)

and press Enter to accept.   If you had to

ad the Python folder to the

path, restart Windows to ensure the new settings take effect.

*I then pressed cntrl+shift+f5 and chose python.

 *  Whhen I pressed cntrl+f5 to compile, I got the following:

*  python.exe is not an operatable file or batch file.

In EdSharp again, press Control+Shift+F5 and choose the Python compiler.

  Press Alt+R for Recent Files and open test.py again.

Press Control+F5 to compile and run the program.  You should hear "Hello

world" because EdSharp captures standard output and speaks it.  If there

was a syntax error instead, EdSharp should say the error message and put

the cursor at that location.  To review the output of a compile, Press

Alt+Shift+F5, and a new editing window will open with the most recent

output as text.

Jamal

   python.exe is in c:\python25. I really don't know why it is not found.

could anyone give me an idea as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

Bob