Re: question about some php code

  • From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:46:38 -0400

Good point. The owner of this server is a friend of mine and he and I use it for hosting small things; a blog I keep, large files we want to give to people, code tests as, in my case, I learn more php, things like that. It isn't a huge deal that this ip address display works, I really just wanted to know what I was doing wrong if I needed this function in the future. The upload php script is the thing I really want to get working, but it still refuses.

Have a great day,
Alex

From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:23:20 +0300

Yes you can embed PHP in html files, and they can have any
extension, but
the recommended way is to use the .php extension (and not .html)
because if
you will use .html, the server would need to parse for php code
any simple
..html file that doesn't need to be parsed.

Of course, this is not very important for sites with very little
traffic, or
for sites that don't use static html at all.

But if you want to use php in .html files, then the web server
must be
configured to consider .html files as php files.

Octavian

From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:59:59 -0400

Hi Alex,
In your last message you said that you put this in an HTML file.
You need
to put it in a PHP file.  That is a file with a .php extion like
file.php.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"It's more important for me to start to do the right thing than
it is to
wait until I think I
can do it just right."

            "Alex Parks"
            <mehgcap@xxxxxxx
            Sent by:
            programmingblind-
programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            bounce@freelists.
cc
            org

Subject
                                      Re: question about some
php code
            10/21/2007 01:15
            PM

                                                          Please
respond
            programmingblind@
              freelists.org

This didn't work; it just prints nothing.  I tried putting single
quotes around the $remote_addr; but that didn't work either.

Have a great day,
Alex