Re: question about some php code

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:23:20 +0300

Yes you can embed PHP in html files, and they can have any extension, but the recommended way is to use the .php extension (and not .html) because if you will use .html, the server would need to parse for php code any simple .html file that doesn't need to be parsed.

Of course, this is not very important for sites with very little traffic, or for sites that don't use static html at all.

But if you want to use php in .html files, then the web server must be configured to consider .html files as php files.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Parks" <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:59:59 -0400

Hi Alex,
In your last message you said that you put this in an HTML file.
You need
to put it in a PHP file.  That is a file with a .php extion like
file.php.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"It's more important for me to start to do the right thing than
it is to
wait until I think I
can do it just right."

            "Alex Parks"
            <mehgcap@xxxxxxx
            Sent by:
            programmingblind-
programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            bounce@freelists.
cc
            org

Subject
                                      Re: question about some
php code
            10/21/2007 01:15
            PM

Please respond to
            programmingblind@
              freelists.org

This didn't work; it just prints nothing.  I tried putting single
quotes around the $remote_addr; but that didn't work either.

Have a great day,
Alex