Re: python intro

  • From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:44:53 -0400

Though I have not personally tried it, I know EdSharp (http://www.empowermentzone.com/edsetup.exe) is good since you can write python code with braces, like most other languages do, then convert the braces to indents to make the python compiler happy, then convert back to keep working comfortably. You can also have jaws speak the indent level as you move through the lines of code. It has many other features, like jumping to a line, easy error reviewing, and so on. I think my one complaint is how difficult it can be to get compilers to work; it takes a lot of technical skills, like dealing with environment variables and such, that seem to be beyond me.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward" <personal.edward@xxxxxxxxx>