Re: python help please?

  • From: "doctor love" <minimack_19@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:15:56 -0400

what else do I need?

From: "Hrvoje Katić" <hrvojekatic@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 12:09 PM
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: python help please?

Hi,

I recommend you to use Python 2.6 or upcoming 2.7. 3.x is not recommended, especially because there's no Py2Exe dependency yet available for Python 3.x, and some other extensions are may be still incompatible with Python 3.x.
So for now, stick with 2.x!
Also, what extensions you will need depends on what type of program you should develope. Py2Exe dependency is required for making Windows executables .exe files from .py files, so you can distribute application to others. wxPython dependency is required for programming GUI (graphical user interface). PyWin32 is also required if you wish to write cool Windows applications. That's the starting point.

Hrvoje

On 3.4.2010 17:54, doctor love wrote:
hi guys, I'd like to use python to start programming. I have the python 3.5 installed. what else do I need?