Re: pygame sound

  • From: Haden Pike <haden.pike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:38:23 -0400

I'm not sure how to play the sound, as I am just starting my adventures into pygame. However, I suggest you use python 2.6. More software is compatible with it. Just my suggestion...you are free to do what you want.

Haden

On 9/12/2009 5:07 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
Hi all,

I have pygame working, I think, on Python 3.1, though I still have python 2.6 and 2.3 on the computer. The documentation for pySonic made sense; you create a world, put the player in it, then have sound sources with properties like location. How would I do this in pygame? I found the mixer object, but I am not sure how to use it to generate sounds that relate to where the user is in the game world. Actually, I am not even sure how to create the user's location for other sounds to be compared to the player. I hope this makes sense and that I am just missing something easy here.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx

---