Re: pyLbc: very confused!

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 23:08:03 -0400

Please look closely at the lbc_fruit.py example. It shows how to get the value of an edit box and listbox. It also shows how to complete a dialog with the ShowModal method.

Jamal

On 5/30/2010 8:17 PM, Alex Hall wrote:
Hello all,
I am starting to use pyLbc. It looks perfect for what I am doing, but
I have two rather large problems: first, my dialog is not showing my
controls, and second, I cannot figure out how to get values from it
once it does show up. Here is my code, called from inside a function:
  dlg=lbc.Dialog(title="Launch Harpoon missile")
  dlg.AddListBox(label="Select impact pattern:", names="cross pattern|x
pattern", values=0|1)
  dlg.AddTextCtrl(label="Center coordinates for missile strike:",
value=nav.getCoords(board.x,board.y))
  lbc.DialogShow(dlg)

All I get is a dialog with title "ShowDialog" and an OK button; no
listbox, no input box. Once I get this working, how do I retrieve the
value of the input box and the value of the selected item in my
listbox to give to the function that created the dialog? TIA!