Re: protecting streaming mp3 files with asp.net?

  • From: "black ares" <matematicianu2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:46:20 +0200

I don't think there is a way to preserve streams in mp3.
evry thing you do somewhere there must exist a mp3 file which must be downloaded on the client computer and played.
You can try to make a realmedia stream (played with real player)
and that is based on downloading couple of bytes playing them, delete them and redownloading. You can do this even with mp3 if you use a streaming server (shoucast or vlc) Also you can do it in flash, but I can get out any sound from a site which plays it in flash. you must never forget aabout the fact that a good sound card can record from the stereo mix input that mean it records the sound which is played on the computer. And in front of a such easy way to have your songs evry kind of protect failed unless you want to distorsion the sound of music.
But even this can be solved with a sound editor.
So if your band is so good that one wants its songs people will find way to steel it from you

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy B" <a_borka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>