progress

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:43:42 -0600

Well I got the ISO to burn onto my dvd using ultraISO.  The problem was a
bad disk -- Tyler was right -- I just grabbed another disk from the box and
the burn went off without a hitch.  I don't know why the top dvd in the box
was the bad one -- makes me wonder if it isn't even a dvd, but it feels like
one. Thought it might be a plastic filler disk that they stuck on top.

Now there is one other hitch. I burned what was in the ISO onto the dvd and
it appeared to have received all the data, but then ultraISO said I should
insert another blank disk as there were files left over.  I did and it
wouldn't write anything.
I checked the first dvd and it looked like all the files were there, so I
just exited ultraISO and went to install VS2008 from the dvd that I had
burned.

It installed microsoft visual C# express and microsoft sql server, but not
vb or c++.
It looked like these should have been included but they aren't on my hard
drive.

So to those who have already installed VS 2008 express, what should I be
expecting? The ISO should have fit on a dvd -- it said as much on the
microsoft site, and I checked the size.
Perhaps I missed checking a box on the installation so vb and c++ weren't
installed...

Anyway, comments welcome.
TIA
--le