Re: perl - example needed

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:30:08 +0300

Hi,

You can do:

if ($name =~ /^[a-z]+$/) {
}

and

if ($password =~ /^[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]+$/) {
}

There are perl modules that automaticly create forms with the fields you
specify, that can create validating rules for usernames, emails, passwords, and
those validators are done both server side and client side with a javascript
code which is created automaticly with no need to know Javascript.

Search for "FormBuilder" and "form" with
search.cpan.org if you need that.

Octavian