Re: perl - MySQL - getting the day of the week

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:06:19 +0200

If you want to do that, you need to use:

my $date = sprintf("%s, %d %s %d", $dt->day_abbr, $dt->day,
$dt->month_abbr, $dt->year);

Note that you need to use sprintf and not printf. But of course, you can also
just concatenate the variables using something like:

my $date = $dt->day_abbr . ', ' . $dt->day
. ' ' . $dt->month_abbr . ' ' . $dt->year);

...but this way is not so nice and with printf or sprintf you can adjust easier
the formatting. For example you can choose if you want to print it something
like

Dec 04 2008
or
Dec 4 2008

You can read more about these functions using

perldoc -f sprintf
and
perldoc -f printf

Octavian