RE: pdf to CHM

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:57:32 -0400

Hi,
If you get EdSharp, and the PDF isn't encrypted or something, it will probably
convert it. If the PDF is really pictures of text and not text, Jamal has
another program that tries to convert that kind of PDF. I think it's called
pdf2ocr. Check out http://www.nonvisualdevelopment.org. That site will talk
about this stuff.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme
Usability Services
412-544-1810
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable
will." -- Mahatma Gandhi