Re: ontext menu in FileDir?

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:42:40 -0500 (EST)

There is not a way of customizing the context menu.  FileDir lists every
verb available for the file (or folder) via the Shell object of the
Windows Script Host.  You can navigate to an item either via initial
letter or Control+J to jump to an item based on text it contains.  Alt+J
goes to the next match.  This navigation works in any listbox dialog of
FileDir (and EdSharp).

You can define two programs in FileDir that configure the send to text
editor and send to word processor commands, Control+T and Control+W.
They do not actually have to be a text editor or word processor (they
default to EdSharp and Microsoft Word).  Pressing Enter on a file
performs its default action, e.g., playing an MP3 in the default program
associated with that extension.  A play list can be created with
Control+Shift+L.  Quick shortcuts to folders or files can also be created
and the Quick folder, containing such shortcuts, is available with a
single hotkey.

Jamal