Re: offering downloads of blobs (mysql) with php

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 08:33:00 -0400

If they store in the file system, that will not help since I am
storing in a database. It is worth a look, though, and is a good
thought. Even if Drupal doesn't do it, some cms should, and many of
them are open-source. Thanks.

On 5/2/11, Homme, James <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> I have the source code here for Drupal, which is written in PHP. If I can
> figure out which code downloads attachments, would it help if I send it?
> Either that, or you could grab the zip file and check it out. I know they
> use MySQL and they allow attachments to be downloaded. The files are stored
> in the file system. I know that the Upload module lets you somehow type in
> the extensions you want to be able to download and somehow magically lets
> you do it, so the code is there somewhere.
>
> Jim

>>> header('Content-Type: '.$type);
>>> header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename='.$filename);
>>> header('Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary');
>>> header('Expires: 0');
>>> header('Pragma: public');
>>> header('Content-Length: ' .$size);
>>> readfile($content);